Nick "Sonny" Nardi is a veteran labor leader in Greater Cleveland.
- Joined the RTA Board of Trustees in 2006.
- Appointed by Cuyahoga County Commissioners in 2006 and 2008.
- Re-appointed by County Executive and County Council in 2011, 2014 and 2017.
Service to labor
- Since 1981, member, International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Served in a number of leadership positions in Local 416.
- 1986-89, Trustee and Business Agent
- 1989-92, Business Agent
- 1992-95, Vice President
- 1996-2006, Secretary-Treasurer
- 2007-Present, President & Principal Officer
Active in the community
- 2000-Present, Teamsters Secretary-Treasurer, Ohio Democratic Republican Independent Voter Education, or D.R.I.V.E., the political voice of the Ohio Teamsters.
- 2000-2011, Director of public relations, Ohio Conference of Teamsters.
- 2003-2006, Labor Advisory Council for Gov. Taft.
- 2005-2015, Political Director/LEARN coordinator, Joint Council 41.
- 2007, Appointed to the Democratic National Committee, representing Ohio, for one term.
- 2007-2016, Appointed to the Executive Committee, Ohio Democratic Party.
- 2009-Present, Executive Board Member, Parma Southwest Area Committee on Political Education (C.O.P.E.)
- 2011-Present, Became National Field Representative for the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- 2011 and 2016, Served as Co-Chair and Sergeant at-Arms for the national convention of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.Co-chairs every Unity Conference.
- 2013-2016, Appointed to the Executive Committee of the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party.
- 2014-2016, Trustee, Teamsters Joint Council No. 41.
- 2016-Present, Recording Secretary, Joint Council No. 41
- 2016-2017, Trustee, United Labor Agency.
- 1978, graduated from Parma High School, where he was a star athlete. He was later named that school's "Halfback of the Decade."
Updated Oct. 1, 2017
Plan a Trip