On Jan. 13, 2016, Newburgh Heights Mayor Trevor K. Elkins was elected by the Cuyahoga County Mayors and Managers Association to fill the seat of Euclid Mayor Bill Cervenik, who retired.
- March 1, 2016, Sworn in as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA).
Public-sector experience, elected
- 2012-Present, Mayor, Village of Newburgh Heights. Supervises 60+ employees and $3.9 million annual budget.
- 2008-2011, Clerk-Treasurer (Fiscal Officer), Clerk of Council, Village of Newburgh Heights.
- 2005-2007, Council-at-large, Village of Newburgh Heights.
Public-sector experience, appointed
- Deputy Fiscal Officer - Medina County District Library.
- 2010-2015, Assistant Clerk (Fiscal Officer), Village of Cuyahoga Heights.
- 2005-2009, Senior Account Executive, Everstaff LLC
Professional and community organizations
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Ohio Municipal League
- Cuyahoga County Mayors & Managers Association
- American Legion Post 627, Sons of the American Legion
- Completing final senior-level coursework toward earning a Bachelor of Arts degee in Humanities at Ursuline College.
Update March 21, 2017.
Board of Trustees
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA)
1240 W. Sixth St.
Cleveland, OH 44113
3801 Harvard Ave.
Newburgh Heights, OH 44105