CLEVELAND -- Bruce Hampton has more than 33 years experience in public transit, including 28 years at the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA).
Grants Administrator/Government Liaison; Assistant to the General Manager; Director of Personnel, Legal Counsel
As Deputy General Manager of Human Resources, he oversees an annual budget of $8 million and about 50 employees, including 5 direct reports. Human Resource functions include:
- Employment and Recruitment
- Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Labor and Employee Relations
- Training and Employee Development
- 1990-1993, Joined RTA as Director, Labor and Employee Relations.
- 1993-2004, Appointed Associate Counsel, Administrative and Labor Law.
- 2004-Present, Named Deputy General Manager of Human Resources.
- Served in key positions with the Miami Valley Regional Transit Authority in Dayton, OH, including Grants Administrator/Government Liaison, Assistant to the General Manager, and Director of Personnel, Legal Counsel.
- 1982-1990, Attorney in private law practice.
- Attended Bowling Green State University.
- 1975, Bachelor of Arts degree in Urban Administration from Wright State University.
- 1977-1981, Juris Doctorate degree from Northern Kentucky University’s Salmon P. Chase College of Law.
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Human Resource Committee, American Public Transportation Association
- Transit Labor Exchange Committee
- National Society for Human Resource Management
- Partnership of African Americans in Human Resources
- Cleveland Heights-University Heights Schools Parents Organization
- Cleveland Heights-University Heights Football Boosters
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.