The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA) is a great choice to get you to and from the parade.
For $5, you can ride GCRTA and enjoy the parade while avoiding the trouble of finding a place to park downtown. The 2023 St. Patrick’s Day parade is expected to draw thousands of people into downtown Cleveland, and GCRTA is preparing for the additional volume of riders with extra capacity on the rail service to ensure a safe and reliable experience for the holiday crowd, as well as our regular customers.
Here are some helpful travel tips to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable riding experience:
- Have exact change. Have $5 cash ready to purchase your all-day ticket. Keep this ticket safe, as you will need to show it on your way back home.
- $5 cash only all-day passes are available at the following rail stations only: Brookpark, Puritas, Triskett, W. 117, and Tower City (Red, Blue and Green Lines)
- No cash? No problem. You can still purchase a one-way fare ($2.50) or an All-Day pass ($5.00) at a Ticket Vending Machine or on the EZfare app.
- Plan ahead & leave early. Large crowds are expected so give yourself plenty of time to arrive safely.
- Ride the Rapid. Trains will leave frequently throughout the day. Check rideRTA.com for scheduled departure times, and RTA Transit app for real-time arrivals. By the way, parking is free at all the station lots.
- Ride the HealthLine. Hop on the HealthLine from East Cleveland to Public Square. The HealthLine operates 24/7, so you have plenty of time to return home after the parade.
- Pack lightly, protect your belongings, and use the buddy system.
If you haven’t already, download the RTA Transit app for the latest updates on arrival times! Follow RTA on Twitter and Facebook using #CLEStPats.