Greater Cleveland RTA (GCRTA) is re-opening its ADA Office, located inside our Main Office Building. Beginning Wednesday, June 3, 2020 the office will reopen, by appointment to serve our ADA customers. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone has been forced to look at the way we do business and how we can keep our staff and customers safe.
We have made some changes and here are some things you can expect on June 3:
• The office will be open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Currently, we will only be recertifying Paratransit customers. If you have an expired Senior/Disabled ID card, please wait for further instructions. Your expiration dates will be extended.
• Paratransit customers will be contacted by the scheduling office to make an appointment. You do not need to call.
• The office hours have been adjusted to be 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on weekdays with the last appointment being accepted at 3:30p.m.
• It is strongly recommended that you wear a face covering while in the GCRTA Main Office and on GCRTA vehicles. This is for the safety of yourself and others.
• Applications will still be accepted via fax, email, and at Tower City.
• No walk-ins will be allowed at this time.
• Questions on Senior/Disabled cards should be directed to 216-566-5124. Do not come to the office!
Functional testing will also resume on June 3, and will be done via NovaCare. Those customers who have been identified as needing functional testing will be scheduled through GCRTA.
Many ADA customers are awaiting ID cards at this time. Please know that your expired ID will still be valid on fixed route service until June 30, 2020.