- President: George F. Dixon III, Restauranteur
- Vice-President: Dennis M. Clough, Mayor, City of Westlake
- Valarie J. McCall, Chief of Government & International Affairs, City of Cleveland
- Karen Gabriel Moss, Cleveland immigration attorney
- Nick "Sonny" Nardi, Veteran labor leader
- Gary A. Norton Jr., former Mayor, City of East Cleveland
- Leo Serrano, Executive Director, Office of Institutional Advancement, Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- South Euclid Mayor Georgine Welo
Not shown is:
- Rev. Charles P. Lucas, who was sworn in Feb. 16, 2016.
- Newburgh Heights Village Mayor Trevor K. Elkins, who was appointed to replace Mayor Bill Cervenik. He was sworn in on March 1, 2016.
Direct any concerns for board members to 216-356-3116 or send an email to email@example.com
This photo includes Bill Cervenik, former Mayor of Euclid, who retired.
- Approve policies governing RTA’s business activities.
- Approve long-range goals and annual operating objectives and budgets.
- Oversee management activities and implementation of adopted plans, policies and objectives.
- Approve all procurement actions and contracts that exceed $100,000, and all contract amendments and change orders exceeding:
- $100,000 on contracts up to $1,000,000; and
- 10 percent of the original contract, or $250,000 on contracts between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000, whichever is less; and
- $500,000 for all contracts for more than $5,000,000.
- Hire the Chief Executive Officer/General Manager.
- Approve the hiring and personnel actions for the Director of Internal Audit.
The Board of Trustees has adopted bylaws that establish procedures for conducting business. These bylaws, included in the RTA Code, address the following:
The President, Vice President and General Manager, who also serves as Secretary-Treasurer, are officers. The President and Vice President are Board members elected for a one-year term at the annual meeting. The annual meeting is held at the first regular board meeting in March. Either the President or Vice President must be a Board member appointed by the City of Cleveland. The President, or in his absence, the Vice President, presides at all Board meetings and has the authority to sign legal documents on behalf of RTA.
Regular meetings are held at 9 a.m. in the the George F. Dixon III Board Room of RTA, on the first floor of the Root-McBride Building, 1240 W. Sixth St. Cleveland, Ohio 44113, generally on the third Tuesday of each month. Special meetings may be called from time to time, and meeting dates may be adjusted to account for other extraordinary circumstances.
If you require a sign language interpeter, please contact the Board secretary at 216-356-3116 within 10 days in advance of the meeting. The public IS allowed to make comments at Board meetings.
The 2017 schedule of Board meetings:
|Jan. 24||Feb. 21||March 21 **|
|April 25***||May 16||June 20|
|July 18||Aug. 15||Sept. 19|
|Oct. 24||Nov. 21||Dec. 19|
**The Board Meeting and Annual Meeting are on the same day.
***April Board and Committee Meetings held on the same day.
Members are appointed by the Board President. The Committees are:
- Planning & Development
- Safety & Security.
Other committees may be established as needed. Committee meetings are held at 9 a.m. in the George F. Dixon, III Board Room at RTA, first floor of the Root-McBride Building, 1240 W. Sixth St., Cleveland, Ohio 44113, generally on the first Tuesday of each month.
If you require a sign language interpeter, please contact the Board secretary at 216-356-3116 within 10 days in advance of the meeting. The public is NOT allowed to make comments at Committee meetings. Please attend a Board meeting if you'd like to make comments.
The 2017 schedule of Committee meetings:
|April 4 - Board Retreat*
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Offsite
|May 2||June 6|
|July 11||Aug. 1||Sept. 12|
|Oct. 3||Nov. 14||Dec. 5|
*April 4th Board Retreat - Jerry Sue Thornton Center, 2500 East 22nd Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44114