The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is committed to:
- Providing equality of opportunity for employees, vendors and customers and;
- Complying with all appropriate Federal and State laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the treatment of minorities, women, disabled persons, and Vietnam-era veterans in all facets of RTA activities.
With regard to Title VI, RTA is equally committed to:
- Ensuring any federally-funded transit-related benefits and services are made available and are equitably distributed without regard to race, color or national origin;
- Ensuring that the level and quality of transit services provide equal access and mobility for any person without regard to race, color, or national origin;
- Ensuring that opportunities to participate in the transit planning and decision-making processes are provided to persons without regard to race, color, or national origin;
- Ensuring that decisions on the location of transit services and facilities are made without regard to race, color or national origin; and
- Ensuring that corrective and remedial action is taken to prevent discriminatory treatment of any beneficiary based on race, color, or national origin.
If you feel you have been discriminated against based on one of the above characteristics, you have the right to file a complaint. For more information on your rights, or to file a complaint, you can do the following:
- Download the form and mail it to:
Attn: Office of Equal Opportunity
1240 West Sixth Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113-1302
or fax it to 216-781-4250
- Call Customer Service, 216-566-5100 to verbally start the complaint process.
- Go to the RTA Main Office Building, 1240 West Sixth Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44113-1302, and request a complaint form.
You may also file a complaint directly with the Department of Transportation:
U. S. Dept. of Transportation
Federal Transit Administration
1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20590