The following environmental policy statement and commitments were developed to evolve best practices on environmental and sustainability management at the GCRTA:
GCRTA is committed to protecting the environment as it provides public transit services to northeast Ohio. We will utilize sound business practices that measure and improve our environmental performance through a formal Environmental and Sustainability Management System (ESMS). The ESMS will be integrated throughout the Authority to create a healthier and more livable environment for the staff, customers and the community we serve. GCRTA will make the following environmental commitments:
- Communicate and advance the use of environmental practices and strategic frameworks throughout GCRTA.
- Comply with all applicable local, state, federal, and other environmental laws, regulations, standards and monitoring requirements.
- Make environmental concerns an integral part of planning and decision-making processes and implement effective environmental programs.
- Prevention of pollution and conservation of resources by reducing waste, creating better disposal options, recycling, and procuring new and better products and technologies.
- Establish an ESMS that will be documented, implemented, and maintained.
- Commit to continual improvement by reviewing GCRTA’s ESMS performance at appropriate intervals to ensure that established objectives, targets, and programs are met.
- Engage and empower the workforce and community through effectively communicating GCRTA’s Environmental Policy Statement and Commitment.
This Policy applies to all employees, departments and functions throughout the Authority. Full participation by all staff is required in order to meet the commitments set forth in this policy. This policy will be communicated to all persons, including contractors and vendors, working for or on behalf of GCRTA.
Adopted: October 21, 2014, Board Resolution 2014-110