Winter in Cleveland is no joke! This week we had our annual sub-zero cold snap and boy, was it cold. I'm shivering just thinking about it. Waiting for buses and trains in the cold requires preparation. Here are some helpful tips to get you through the winter:
• Plan ahead!
• Check TransitApp for real-time arrivals. The less time you have to wait outside, the better.
• Make sure you are wearing enough clothes. This seems obvious, but it's super important.
○ Loose clothing in layers is better than fitted clothing. Layers provide insulation, and insulation keeps you warm.
○ Wear a hat or a hood to keep you head warm.
○ Wear insulated gloves to protect your hands. No one likes frozen fingers.
○ Insulated and waterproof boots are a must. These keep your feet protected from the cold and from puddles.
• Pay attention to your head, face, hands and feet. These are the parts of your body that are most susceptible to frostbite.
○ The signs of frostbite sound pretty gross. White, waxy, or grayish-yellow patches on your skin? No thanks.
• Use the mobile app for easy fare payment without taking off your gloves and fishing around for cash. Download for free! RTA CLE app.
Stay warm out there!