Leo Serrano was sworn in to serve on the Board of Trustees of the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) in 2006. He is a representative of the City of Cleveland.
He says the RTA Board is "an opportunity to serve."
"RTA is so fundamental, it affects everyone's lives in Cleveland. If RTA were to shut down – even for a day – some businesses could not open because their employees could not get to work."
A leader in the Hispanic community
- Twice served as Executive Director of the Spanish American Committee, a multi-service center assisting Cleveland’s growing Hispanic community.
- On the RTA Board, replaced Francisco Molina, who served for 20 years.
- Current: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Advancement for the Cleveland Municipal School District, where he reports to CEO Eric S. Gordon. Develops and strengthens philanthropic relationships with corporations, foundations and individuals to support Cleveland Schools.
- Program Director of the Northeast Ohio office of Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), the nation’s largest non-profit financial intermediary.
- The Nationwide Insurance Co.
- Case manager, Mental Health Services for Homeless Persons.
- Serves on various non-profit boards, such as the Near West Theatre and Community Partnerships for Arts and Culture.
- A resident of Cleveland’s Old Brooklyn neighborhood.
- Graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in religious studies from Cleveland State University.
- Masters degree in theology from the Divinity School at Harvard University.
Board of Trustees
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. Sixth St.
Cleveland, OH 44113
Updated March 21, 2017