Mayor Michael P. Byrne is the 14th mayor of the City of Parma Heights.
- Appointee of the Cuyahoga County Mayors & Managers Association.
- Joined the RTA Board March 2019.
Public service experience
- Mayor of Parma Heights since 2010.
- 2012-present, Board of Cuyahoga County Planning Commission.
- 2001-2010, President, Parma Heights City Council.
- 1998-2010, Member, Parma Heights City Council.
- NEO First Suburbs Consortium Executive Committee.
- Created a successful "Greening of Parma Heights" initiative, which increased recycling services, created new greenspaces, and fostered public/private partnerships.
- One of seven cities awarded a TLCI multi-modal planning grant through NOACA which was adopted into an updated Master Plan and is being implemented with grant awards.
- Celebrates community with a one-of-a-kind summer event "Kids in the Commons" featuring a "Big Creek Handmade Art" festival.
- Fosters a number of regional collaboration efforts with neighboring communities.