Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA) provides 45 million annual rides through its light and heavy rail, fixed route bus, paratransit, and vanpool services. We are dedicated to our customers and the communities we serve with a strong commitment to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable transportation. In addition to being a trusted community partner, GCRTA is focused on updating and innovating our current services through the latest technology to not only meet, but also exceed the needs of our communities.
Are you a value centered, team-oriented professional interested in public service, community involvement, as well as being part of the vibrant communities of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County? If so, GCRTA is hiring:
Full-time (40 hours) and part-time (30 hours)
Current hourly pay rates:
- $16 during training
- $18+ after completing training
- Annual "step" increases per union contract
- $30+ after 5 full-time years
No need for a CDL as we train.
If you have the following qualifications, then we want to hear from you!
- GED or High School Diploma
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record (not more than 2 points in the last 3 years)
- At Least 3 years of driving a vehicle (personal auto included)
- At least 2 years of strong customer service experience
Successful applicants should possess the ability to deal politely, effectively and responsibly with the public.
Mandated DOT Drug/Alcohol Testing and Background Check. EEO Employer.
GCRTA offers a wide range of comprehensive benefits and programs to support the health and wellness of its employees and their families. Benefits offered are:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off
- Health and Wellness Program
- Diversity & Inclusion Program
- Free transportation on GCRTA buses and trains
How to Apply
All employment applications must be completed and submitted online. Please review your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act before applying.
All communications regarding the status of your application will be sent through the iRecruitment System. To view the current status of your application, please log into the iRecruitment System and select View Application, then select the Communications tab.
The Cuyahoga County Employee resource can help connect you with a supportive network of local non-profit agencies who can assist you with career services.
Bilingual applicants are welcomed.
View other career opportunities