We offer full-time (40 hours) and part-time (30 hours) shifts. No CDL? Not a problem, we will train you!
- Operate any type of revenue vehicle for any regular, scheduled route or special service routes while observing route times, safety rules and regulations, and State and municipal traffic laws.
- Provides exceptional customer service by responding to customer inquiries and assisting customers with various routing information.
- Operates the fare collection equipment for customers boarding and exiting the revenue vehicle.
- Calls stops to ensure customers are aware of stops along route.
- Administers GCRTA policy and procedures in special circumstances (e.g., service interruption, emergencies, etc.).
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record (not more than 2 points in the last 3 years)
- At Least 3 years of driving a vehicle (personal auto included)
- At least 2 years of strong customer service experience
Hourly Pay Rate:
|Hourly Rate||$ Increase||% Increase|
- $16 during training
- $18+ after completing training
- Annual "step" increases per union contract
- $30+ hourly after 5 full-time years, based on actual hours worked in a given year
Major Lindsey & Africa has been exclusively retained by the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority to conduct a search for a General Counsel. This role is an exciting leadership opportunity for a mission-driven individual. The successful candidate will:
- oversee and manage all legal services for the GCRTA,
- report and provide guidance to the CEO of the GCRTA, and
- provide legal advice to the GCRTA’s Board of Trustees.
As a member of the CEO’s executive leadership team, the General Counsel will also have responsibility for the Legal, Risk Management, and Safety departments of GCRTA, currently composed of nearly 40 individuals.
Candidates must have the ability to:
- facilitate and help lead the organization through cultural change, and
- to establish strong working relationships, and
- the experience both as a member of a senior management team and developing team members to achieve optimum efficiency.
Applicants must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience practicing law, including substantial experience supervising attorneys, and a demonstrable progression of increasing responsibility working in either a governmental or corporate law office. Litigation and litigation management experience strongly preferred, as well as experience handling commercial and transactional, employment, safety, FTA (Federal Transit Administration), and real estate matters. Proven skills to quickly evaluate and resolve situations with significant financial implications, improve operating results and financial performance of the business unit, and respond to changing customer and market needs.
Please visit Major Lindsey & Africa's website to apply.
- Patrols assigned areas with purpose to prevent disorder, criminal activity and terrorism.
- Protects RTA passengers and employees within the RTA designated area and municipal area of concurrent jurisdiction.
- Maintains peace and order on the rail, buses, stations, platforms, and any other property of RTA or areas of concurrent jurisdiction.
- Prepares reports and maintains associated responsibilities concerning reported information. Performs patrol duties specific to assignment (e.g., bus, radio patrol car, plainclothes, train and station, derailment, etc.).
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or its GED equivalent.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at time of appointment and must have a valid Ohio Driver's License.
- Applicants must not have more than two (2) points on their driver’s license in the past three (3) years or any convictions for which time could have been served.
- Applicants must be able to obtain passing scores on a content valid written test battery, physical abilities test and oral communication exercise.
- Applicants must achieve a satisfactory evaluation on a psychological assessment, medical examination (including drug and alcohol screening) and must meet the criteria established for a background check.
- Applicant must attain qualifications through training leading to certifications to use systems such as Cuyahoga Regional Information System (CRIS), the Law Enforcement Automated Data System (LEADS), and such certifications that might be required by government regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Ohio Department of Transportation.
- Successful candidates must display sound judgment and be able to interact with the general public in a variety of situations, display initiative, discern emotional state of others and make an appropriate and thoughtful response.
Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) - Basic Police Training certification, preferred.
- Responsible for all repairs of service vehicles, non-revenue vehicles and associated equipment.
- Performs one or more of these functions: Engine Diagnosis, Engine Replacement, Engine and Small Parts Rebuilding, Transmission Replacement, Differential Replacement and/or Rebuild, Brake, Front End, Suspension/Steering Work, Transmission Rebuilding, General Maintenance.
- This position can be assigned to any of these duties according to need and can be reassigned to a different functional area at any time.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- Must be able to work independently.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Completion of a high school or post-high school Automotive/Diesel Technology or related program (as evidenced by diploma, degree, certificate, etc.) is also required.
- One year of verifiable experience in an automotive or truck shop maintaining and repairing vehicle systems (e.g., engines, transmissions, brakes, and steering and suspension) may substitute for completion of an Automotive/Diesel Technology program.
- A valid STATE OF OHIO COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE (CDL) Class “A” or “B” with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements OR A TEMPORARY CDL, Class “A” or “B" with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements is required, along with A GOOD DRIVING RECORD with no more than FOUR (4) POINTS in the past three years.
- Candidates must successfully pass a written test, a performance test, and an interview. Candidates must score a minimum 70% or higher on both the written and performance tests, and must attain a minimum of 60% on the interview portion, to move forward in the process.
Works under the technical direction of a Grade 5 Equipment Maintainer in the repair of electrical and mechanical rail equipment; will perform one or more of the following functions:
- conduct rail inspections,
- diagnose and repair electrical rail equipment,
- replace rail trucks,
- repair other mechanical rail equipment,
- rebuild rail equipment parts,
- repair body damage on rail cars,
- inspect and repair air conditioning and heating systems;
the incumbent in this position can be assigned to any of these duties according to need, and can be reassigned to a different functional area and/or shift at any time. This position will promote a safe and secure atmosphere, follow all safety and security rules and perform other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have successfully completed technical courses covering mechanical and/or electrical principles and practices taken at the high school or post-high school level, or must have at least two (2) years experience in vehicle or heavy equipment maintenance and repair. Applicants must have a valid Ohio driver license with four (4) points or less in the last three (3) years. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
Performs general labor duties for one or more departments throughout the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority. Depending on the assigned department, performs some or all of the following:
- cleans and disinfects all assigned buses;
- seasonal maintenance, such as snow removal and cutting branches, weeds, etc.;
- digs for cables and signal equipment;
- assists in maintaining a variety of equipment;
- maintains, renews, and repairs all rail tracks, including lubricating rails;
- performs weekly inspection of all rail tracks;
- serves as Flagperson;
- completes these tasks in emergency situations;
- performs seasonal maintenance duties on tracks;
- utilizes hand tools and operates heavy equipment;
- records all activities into a written log;
- provides excellent customer service to the public and performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- Applicants must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Applicants must have a GOOD DRIVING RECORD with no more than FOUR (4) POINTS, in the past three years.
- Ability to move up to 50 lbs. regularly.
This position requires successfully passing a criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen, and pre-employment physical.
There are no recruitment events currently scheduled.