CLEVELAND -- In 13 years at the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA), Dr. Floun'say Caver has had many success, including:
- Creation of an industry-leading performance management program, TransitStat.
- Development of a consulting focused budget department.
- Joint venture consulting with Bombardier on rail system improvement.
- Ushered in data-driven decision-making, using TransitMaster data for on-time performance goals attainment.
- Implementation of Predictive Maintenance program.
- Creation of a targeted management development program.
As Deputy General Manager, Operations, he oversees an annual budget of $218 million, and more than 2,000 employees in these areas.
- Asset and Configuration Management
- Bus Districts at Hayden and Triskett
- Fleet Management
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Department
- Paratransit District
- Rail District
- Service Management
- Service Quality and the Integrated Communications Center (ICC)
- Transit Police
- 2000-2002, Budget Management Analyst, Office of Management & Budget. Controlled approximately $60 million in operating budgets, including RTA's largest two departments -- Fleet Management and Rail.
- 2006-2009, After time away to pursue a doctorate, re-joined RTA as Manager of Budgets. Created TransitStat, a performance management strategy that saved RTA more than $60 million in six years. Directed productivity teams with performance gains of up to 80 percent.
- 2006-2017, Successfully managed some of RTA’s most critical departments, including the Budget Office, the Hayden bus district and the Service Quality “traffic control” Department, where he supervised the 24/7 delivery of all bus and rail services to more than 200,000 customers each weekday.
- 2009-2012, Director, Service Quality Management. Managed a $6 million budget. Supervised 67 central control (bus and rail) professionals and field supervisors. Responsible for on-road supervision of bus, rail, and Paratransit modes, accident coverage, safety culture, and timely service.
- 2012-2017, Director, Hayden Bus District. Managed a $42 million budget, 600 employees and 224 buses. Administered the performance and discipline for the District, including union grievances. Actively managed district performance with timely, accurate and actionable data.
- Oct. 1, 2017, Named Deputy General Manager, Operations.
- 2001, 2002, 2007, Part-time Instructor, Masters of Public Administration Program. Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University.
- 2005-2006, Assistant Professor of Public Administration. Instructed Masters of Public Administration courses in Public Administration, Management and Quantitative Reasoning, The University of Texas at Dallas,
- 2009-2016, Adjunct Professor of Masters of Public Administration Program. Instructed course Performance Management for Public and Not-For-Profit Organizations, Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs, Ohio University, Athens, OH.
- May 1998, Graduated magna cum laude from Hiram College, Hiram OH, with a Bachelor of Arts in Management (Honors). Concentrations in Accounting & Finance, Organizational Analysis & Administration.
- May 2000, Earned Masters of Public Administration from the Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University, with a concentration in Public Management.
- August 2005, Completed Ph.D. in Public Affairs, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX. Concentration in Public Management.
- 2007, Ohio Financial Accountability Certificate.
- 2007, Certificate in Operational Excellence, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland.
- 2016-2017, Cleveland Leadership Class
- 2015, Distinguished Alumni Award, Cleveland State University
- 2009, "40 Under 40," Transit Professionals, Mass Transit Magazine
- 2009, Outstanding Fellow, Leadership Academy, Cleveland State University
- 2007, "40 Under 40," Crain's Cleveland Business
- 2000, William Roland Hopkins Award, Outstanding Master of Public Administration Student, Cleveland State University
- Board member and former treasurer, Collaborative to End Human Trafficking.
- Former Vice Chair, East Cleveland Financial Supervisory Commission, Appointed by Ohio Governor John Kasich
- Former member, Board of Visitors, Hiram College
- Youth Basketball Coach, YMCA Hillcrest Branch
Updated Oct. 25, 2017