CLEVELAND -- The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) has completed construction on a major makeover the Warrensville-Shaker Station, on the Green Line, at 2800 Warrensville Center Road in Shaker Heights.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Nov. 22, 2016. The station remained open during construction.
- Design work: Began in early 2013 and is 100 percent complete
- Construction bid: A $1.8 million contract was awarded Dec. 15, 2015, to Schirmer Construction of North Olmsted. Federal funds will pay for 80 percent of the work.
- Construction: Site work began in March 2016, and was complete by November 2016.
- Selective demolition of the existing station and platform
- Construction of a new station with ADA loading platforms