- Flounsay Caver, Ph.D., RTA Interim CEO and General Manager
- State Representative Bride Sweeney, District 14
- Representatives for U.S. Congressman Anthony Gonzalez, District 16
- State Representative Michael Skindell, District 13
- Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) officials
In honor of National Infrastructure Week, The Greater Regional Transit Authority (RTA) invites members of the community and media to a Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Red Line West Track Rehabilitation project, which extends from the West Park Station to the Airport Tunnel.
11:00 a.m. Friday, May 17, 2019
The Brookpark Substation and Yard, located behind BOSS Pro-Karting, 18301 Brookpark Road.
Please note: There is no parking at the event site. Please plan to take the Red Line or park at Brookpark Rapid Station (18010 Brookpark Rd.) and take the special shuttle.
Shuttles will depart from the bus loop of Brookpark Station after the 10:38 a.m. train arrives and then circle back from the event site to Brookpark Station and depart again after the 10:53 a.m. train arrives. A return shuttle will take attendees back to Brookpark Station after the event's conclusion.
This is the final project of a multi-year, $38 million effort to repair and improve the west-side Red Line. This $6.4 million project is funded by the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and ODOT’s Transit Preservation Partnership Program.
The project will:
- Rehabilitate 3.6 miles of railroad track
- Replace 12,275 timber cross ties
- Improve track drainage
- Add signal system improvements
- Repair the platform at the Puritas Station
Linda Scardilli Krecic