CLEVELAND -- The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) wants everyone to have a safe Holiday season. Transit Police and Cleveland Police offer these tips to stay safe on vehicles, at stations and on the roads.
Transit Police will be reminding pedestrians to be cautious and to follow the laws of the road.
- Pedestrians: Always use crosswalks, obey traffic signals and watch for vehicles. Avoid distractions like texting or listening to music on the roads. Listen for vehicles, be alert.
- Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Secure your belongings; protect your electronic devices.
- See Something, Say Something: Call Transit Police 24/7 at 216-566-5163 or download iWatchRTA app for free and report any safety or security concerns via text, video or photo.
- Parking: Put your junk in the trunk.
Have a safe holiday.
RTA provides quality, economic and safe public transportation via rail, bus and Paratransit throughout Cuyahoga County. Real-time information is available for all buses and trains. Check www.riderta.com or call the RTAnswerline at 216-621-9500.
Media Contact: Mary Shaffer, 216-566-5211