The HealthLine operates on Euclid Avenue, from from Public Square to the Louis Stokes Station at Windermere in East Cleveland. From Public Square to East 105th Street, all operations are on median stations.
It's important that all of our customers stay safe while riding the HealthLine. Follow these tips to safely access the stations in the center of Euclid Avenue, from Public Square to East 10th Street, eastbound and westbound.
Crossing the street
- Obey all traffic laws. Jaywalking is dangerous and illegal.
- To reach the center median, stay in the designated crosswalk. Cross only when it is legal.
- "Walk/Don't Walk" signs are posted on all Euclid Avenue crosswalks. They will count down the remaining seconds until the light changes.
Riding a HealthLine vehicle:
- From Public Square to East 105th Street, board all HealthLine vehicles from stations on the center median. All stations are located next to intersections and designated crosswalks.
- Stand back from the edge of the platform as the vehicle approaches the station. All stations include tactile pavers to mark the caution zone. HealthLine vehicles use a mechanical docking arm and they pull up closer to the curb than other buses.
- Enter through the front door. Exit through the rear door. This will decrease waiting time and help keep the bus on schedule.
- After you exit, let the bus pull away from the station. Stay on the station platform. Walk to a designated crosswalk, and cross when it is legal.
- All stations are ADA-accessible, with level boarding from the HealthLine vehicle.
- All HealthLine vehicles have designated bike racks near the back. Using a designated crosswalk, walk your bicycle to the station on the center median strip. When the bus stops, place your bicycle in the area and stand with it. When you leave, walk your bicycle through the station, to the designated crosswalk, and back to the bike lane.
As you walk along Euclid Avenue:
- Obey all traffic laws.
- When crossing the street to a median station, remain in a designated crosswalk. Cross only when it is legal.
- Be aware of new traffic patterns. Look both ways when crossing the street.
Driving a vehicle:
- The left "Bus Only" lane is for transit vehicles only. Stay in the right lane. If you drive in the bus-only lane, Transit Police will ticket you. If you park in the bus-only lane, you will be ticketed and towed.
- Watch for parked cars pulling out into traffic, and bicycles in the bike lane, on your right-hand side.
- At intersections, obey all traffic laws. Watch for pedestrians in the crosswalk. Stop your vehicle BEFORE you reach the crosswalk.
- Show extra care around strollers, wheelchairs, and pedestrians who may be visually impaired.
If you need to turn left:
- Each lane on Euclid Avenue has its own signal.
- Obey all traffic signals and street signs.
- To make a left-hand turn onto a side street, stay in the left-hand turn lane, and turn ONLY when you receive a green arrow from the traffic signal. Not all intersections permit left-hand turns.
- If you turn left illegally, you may be turning in front of a moving bus. It is important that every vehicle and every pedestrian obey all traffic laws and street signs.
Plan a Trip
Phone numbers to know
Transit Police, 216-566-5163, 24-hour assistance
Emergency Medical Service, Fire and Police, 9-1-1
RTAnswerline, 216-621-9500, for route and timetable information
Lost & Found, 216-566-5148