CLEVELAND, OH -- The decision was made today that the right time to bring a tax levy option to the voters is not this November, 2018, but will likely be sometime in 2019.
After listening carefully to our customers and weighing the options, there is no doubt that we agree on a number of matters. Specifically:
- There is an on-going need for greater awareness by our customers and the community in general of the important and critical role public transit plays in the economic development of our region, and in the day-to-day quality of life of our customers.
- Customers who rely on public transit to get to work, school and healthcare must be seen a priority by community leaders, whose influence on their behalf can help make the difference
- A greater investment in public transit is the right course of action – locally, statewide and nationally.
- The need is urgent and the clock is ticking, but we should only move forward when all the right pieces are in place.
- Much more work needs to be done to identify the possible sources of funding that will allow us to define and to deliver what the community wants and needs.
- It is critical that we allow for significant public input into this process.
- Voters will have important questions that deserve specific answers. We need to be prepared with those answers.
The reality is that:
- Several studies are in process today that will help give RTA and the community the information needed to make sound and informed decisions.
- The building blocks are in place to see this become a reality.
Plan a Trip
Linda Scardilli Krecic