CLEVELAND -- The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) invites adventurous area residents to 'Search the City' in a scavenger hunt on Saturday June 15, 2013.
RTA hosts this annual event, which requires teams to 'Search the City' for designated items and locations, all available to find on RTA trains, buses, trolleys and the HealthLine. Along with bragging rights, first-place winners can earn $250, second place $125 and third $75 in cash, along with other prizes. All participants get a ticket to the evening's Indians game vs. the Washington Nationals.
This scavenger hunt highlights culture and the Cleveland area's unique culture, tradition and diversity. While 'hunters' won't know the locations until the morning they arrive with their treasure map, some past locations have included stops at the Lakeview Cemetary, Ohio City and Shaker Square.
How it works
- Sign up your team for $60 at www.RTASearchtheCity.com. Teams usually have 3-4 people.
- 11 a.m. start at 12 locations to be determined (golf scramble-like start), progress through challenges
- Take unique pictures and post to Twitter throughout day @GCRTA
- 5 p.m. end of Challenge, everyone meets at Progressive Field, Rally Alley
- Each participant receives a starter kit, map of the city, RTA passes, trip plans and timetables for RTA routes, Indians tickets for evening game.
- Register by June 7, 2013.
Challenges vary between mental and physical events. Creativity is required on social media, while showing off your finds. Even native Clevelanders might learn about a new place or two.