RTA invites members of the media to attend a special event as RTA and civic partners announce the availability of free Wi-Fi inside RTA vehicles and at select stations and transit centers.
Please join Dr. Flounsay Caver, RTA Interim CEO and General Manager and Brandon King, Mayor, East Cleveland, 10 a.m. Tuesday, August 13 at the Red Line's Louis Stokes/Windermere Rapid Station for this important announcement.
Buses from the Hayden District, as well as the CSU Line, the HealthLine and Trolleys will have Wi-Fi starting in September. It is expected that eight vehicles per day will come on-line, with buses from the Triskett District and Paratransit to be added later in the fall. Rail cars will have Wi-Fi beginning in January.
Select station and transit centers now have Wi-Fi. Included are:
- Tower City Station: rotunda waiting areas, platforms adjacent to waiting areas
- Cedar University Station: interior bus waiting area, rail lobby
- East 55th Station: lobby, outdoor platforms
- Louis Stokes/Windermere Station: interior lobby, rail platform and bus loop
- Southgate Transit Center: interior lobby
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones Transit Center: interior lobby, first two bus lanes
Sites in process:
- Cedar University Station: Outdoor bus area, and rail platforms
- Puritas-West 150th Station
Planned additional sites:
- West 65th Station
- West 117th Station
- Brookpark Station
- Superior Station