CLEVELAND -- Because of demand, the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is increasing service for the National Senior Games. The additional service is:
- Open to all customers.
- All normal fares apply.
- All farecards and passes are accepted.
HealthLine (operates 24/7)
- July 19-Aug. 1, RTA will increase the number of vehicles in operation.
- From 7 a.m.-7 p.m., frequency will be every 8 minutes or better, 7 days a week.
- July 19-Aug. 1, operates seven days a week, from 7 a.m.-7:15 p.m.
- Frequency: 10 minutes on weekends, 5 minutes on weekdays.
- Normal service continues on the C-Line, E-Line and L-Line.
Bus shuttle between the Convention Center and BWU
- July 24-31.
- Downtown stops, for trips to BWU -- across the street from the Convention Center on the north side on Lakeside Avenue (closer to Ontario), and at the trolley stop in front of the Horseshoe Casino.
- BWU stop -- on Maple Avenue at Bagley Road.
- A fourth stop, drop-off only, is for northbound trips heading to the Convention Center. The driver will stop on Ontario, in Public Square.
Bus shuttle timetable
Each trip takes 35 minutes. The bus leaves Public Square at 3 minutes and 33 minutes after each hour.
Southbound: The first trip leaves at 6 a.m., and then every 30 minutes. The last southbound trips leave the Convention Center, as follows:
- July 24 -- 10 p.m.
- July 25 -- 8 p.m.
- July 26 -- 8:30 p.m.
- July 27-28 -- 10 p.m.
- July 29-30 -- 8 p.m.
- July 31 -- 1 p.m.
Northbound: The first trip leaves at 6:50 a.m., and then at 20 and 50 minutes after every hour. The shuttle ends at different times, based on events. Here are the times of the last bus departing from BWU.
- July 24 -- 10:50 p.m.
- July 25 -- 8:50 p.m.
- July 26 -- 9:20 p.m.
- July 27-28 -- 10:50 p.m.
- July 29-30 -- 8:50 p.m.
- July 31 -- 1:50 p.m.
Media Contact: Mary Shaffer, 216-566-5211