CLEVELAND – The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is your winning ride to the Cavalier’s Championship Parade, set for 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 22.
Park for free at many of the Rapid transit stations, and ride the train to the Tower City Station.
Please have a $5 bill ready to make your purchase. Keep the farecard in a secure place -- you will have to show it on your trip home.
RTA will offer extra rail service all day. RTA staff will be on hand to assist customers at key stations.
A key change
Because of expected road congestion and for customer safety, RTA has established two interim terminals for all buses traveling downtown between 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Times are subject to change.
- The western terminal is west of Tower City, in an area at the intersection of Superior, Prospect and Huron avenues. These routes are: 22, 26, 45, all 51s, 53F, all 55s, 77F, 79A-B. 81, 90F, 246, 251, 263.
UPDATE: The eastern terminal is the Stephanie Tubbs Jones transit center. The routes served at this center are: 1, 3, 8, 11, 14, 15, 19, 38, 39, 39F, 76, 239.
To reach RTA by car
- From the northwest, drive east on I-90 to the Triskett Rapid Station. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From the southwest, drive east on I-480 to the Brookpark Rapid Station. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From the south, drive north on I-71 to the Puritas Rapid Station at West 150th Street. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From I-271, drive west on Chagrin Blvd. to the municipal lot north of the Farnsleigh Rapid Station. Ride the Blue Line to Tower City.
- From the east, park at the Green Road Rapid Station. Ride the Green Line to Tower City.
- From the northeast, drive west on Euclid Avenue to the Louis Stokes Station at Windermere. Ride the HealthLine to Public Square, or the Red Line to Tower City.
- Drive downtown. Park in the Municipal Parking Lot. Ride the Waterfront Line from the South Harbor Station to Tower City from 6:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m. or walk to the parade location on Mall C.