CLEVELAND -- The annual IngenuityFest is here, and the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) can save you parking fees and traffic hassles. From Friday-Sunday, Sept 20-22, Ingenuity is the place to be on Cleveland's Waterfront. RTA can take you there.
IngenuityFest is a short walk from the West 3rd Street Rapid Station on the Waterfront Line. This connects to all Rapids (Red, Blue and Green) and has service until 10:30 p.m. seven days a week. Here are details of how to travel to Ingenuity:
How to ride the Rapid (trains) to IngenuityFest
- Park free at many of RTA’s Rapid stations.
- Red Line riders, buy a $5 All-Day Pass from a ticket vending machine inside the station. Keep it with you for the rest of the day. The last Waterfront Line train leaves the West 3rd Street Station around 10:30 pm, and the last trains leave Tower City around midnight.
- Ride in comfort on any Red, Blue or Green line train into Tower City.
- From there, Blue/Green line trains go directly to the Waterfront Line. Red Line customers can transfer to the Waterfront Line. Green and Blue Line riders, pay when you exit.
- Exit at the West Third Street Station, and walk towards the water and follow the signs to Ingenuity.
Saturday & Sunday: L-Line trolley service
On Saturday and Sunday, the free L-Line trolley will also get you to the festival between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. If you are taking a stay-cation locally, this is a great way to get around downtown while leaving your car parked.
Festival info, hours and schedules: http://ingenuitycleveland.com/
RTA provides quality, economic and safe public transportation via rail, bus and Paratransit throughout Cuyahoga County. Real-time information is available for all buses and trains. Check www.riderta.com or call the RTAnswerline at 216-621-9500.
Media Contact: Mary Shaffer, 216-566-5211