CLEVELAND -- The world-class Cleveland Orchestra will perform the free Star-Spangled Spectacular concert on Friday, July 29, 2016 -- the first community-sponsored event on the "new" Public Square.
The concert stage and video screens will face north, allowing patrons to sit in their chairs and blankets on Superior Avenue and on the grassy area of the Square.
It is part of a Community Thank You Celebration presented by the Cleveland 2016 Host Committee on Saturday, July 30 from noon to 6 p.m. on Public Square, as well as free admission to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. The post-Convention celebration recognizes Northeast Ohio residents and volunteers for their contributions to Cleveland in hosting the 2016 Republican National Convention.
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) offers patrons several transit options:
- Rail: Park for free at many rail stations. Buy an All-Day Pass, and ride the Red Line, Blue Line, Green Line or Waterfront Line to the Tower City Station -- right next to Public Square. RTA will provide extra rail service as needed for the event.
- Trolleys: The B-Line and E-Line trolleys operate until 7 p.m. The C-Line trolley operates 7-11 p.m., and 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. on Saturday-Sunday for the related events listed below.
- HealthLine: The HealthLine operates 24/7 on Euclid Avenue. It can drop you off just a few feet from the concert stage.
You can also ride RTA to related weekend activities:
- Friday, July 29 - VeloSano Kickoff Party on Mall B, 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday, July 29 - 31, Indians play Oakland Athletics at Progressive Field, with fireworks after the games on Friday and Saturday.
You may want to explore RTA's new mobile ticketing option to pay your fare.
Linda Scardilli Krecic or Sophie Kelner