The Adopt-a-Shelter Program is available for an individual or community group interested in helping GCRTA maintain a pre-existing shelter. The program allows local businesses, organizations, churches, individuals, etc. to keep their local shelters attractive and well maintained and is based on a two-year adoption cycle. Participants are recognized for their commitment with a personalized decal on their shelter.
What are my responsibilities?
- Help remove debris between scheduled cleanings
- Help remove snow
- Call 216-621-9500 to report the need for repair, due to damage or vandalism
- Provision of new amenities, subject to GCRTA and municipality approval
- May include flowers, seating, art, etc.
Who can adopt shelters?
- Individual residents
- Local development corporations
- Churches or local chruch groups
How can I get started?
- To begin the adoption process, please fill out the inquiry form below or contact Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if my organization wants to install a shelter?
If you or your organization is interested in installing a shelter, either stock or customized, please visit our Community Partner Investment Program page.