A number of apps use RTA's open data:
Developers -- don't see your app listed here? Contact the webmaster, and we'll work on getting it listed!
Apps are presented here as a convenience to our customers only. The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority offers no guarantee of the suitability of any given app to a customer's specific needs. Always use caution when installing new software on your mobile device. Please contact the specific app developer directly if support is needed.
The Developer’s License Agreement sets out the terms and conditions ("the Terms") governing use of the real-time and static transportation data made available by the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (hereinafter "GCRTA") on its "Developers Webpage".
- "GCRTA" means the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority.
- "Data" means the information and resources made available on the Developers Webpage and the information and resources, if any, linked from the Developers Webpage and hosted by third parties with which GCRTA has partnered.
- "Developers Webpage" means the websites hosted by GCRTA which provides information, data, and resources on transportation services.
- Acceptance of this License Agreement
- You (Licensee) must agree to all the Terms provided in this License Agreement in order to use the Data.
- Your use of the Data constitutes full acceptance of the Terms of the Licensing Agreement from that point onwards.
- If you are agreeing to be bound by this License Agreement on behalf of your employer or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind your employer or such entity to this License Agreement.
- GCRTA, subject to your acceptance of the Terms of this License Agreement, hereby grants You (Licensee) non-exclusive, limited, and revocable rights to use, reproduce, and redistribute the Data.
- Your (Licensee) Obligations
- You shall:
- Clearly acknowledge GCRTA as the provider of the Data.
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in relation to Your receipt and use of the Data.
- Not represent yourself or any application or data source used by you as if such usage was explicitly commissioned by GCRTA, or make any representations, warranties, or guarantees to Third Parties with respect to the Data.
- Not reproduce or use GCRTA logos or trademarks in connection with the Data.
- Not misrepresent the Data.
- Not claim ownership of the Data in any manner, including but not limited to, on Your website, web application, or any other digital product.
- You may:
- Combine the Data with other data, provided such combination does not infringe any third party Intellectual Property Rights.
- You shall:
- GCRTA’s (Licensor) Rights
- GCRTA reserves the right to alter the Terms of this License Agreement at any time without notice, and you are responsible for adherence to any and all changed terms and conditions.
- GCRTA reserves the right to make changes, modifications, or alterations to the Data without notice, and such changes, modifications, or alterations may affect Your use of the Data, all without any liability or responsibility of the GCRTA.
- GCRTA reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Data at any time without prior notice.
- GCRTA shall at all times maintain title, ownership, rights, and interest in and to the Data.
- DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY
- GCRTA does not guarantee or, in any way, represent that the Data will be accurate, complete, or current, or that access to the Data will be continuous and uninterrupted.
- You (Licensee) acknowledge and agree that GCRTA makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the Data, nor with respect to its accuracy, sufficiency, or completeness thereof, nor with respect to any of the software or other systems, if applicable, provided by GCRTA under this License Agreement. The Data is provided on an “as is” and “with all faults” basis, with You (Licensee) bearing the entire risk as to quality and performance of the Data.
- GCRTA makes no representations or warranties that the Data will perform based on Your equipment. You will be solely responsible for any resulting damage to Your software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data, from Your use of the Data pursuant to this Agreement and/or any reliance which You may place upon the Data.
- GCRTA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE DATA WILL BE SUITABLE FOR THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH IT IS PERMITTED TO BE USED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY WAIVED.
- GCRTA expressly disclaims all liability (whether incurred directly or indirectly) for all loss and/or damage occasioned from the use and/or inability to use the Data or any part of it.
- You (Licensee) acknowledge and agree that in no event shall GCRTA be liable for any damages, claim or loss incurred by You (including without limitation, compensatory, incidental, indirect, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, lost profits, lost sales or business, expenditures, investments or commitments in connection with any business, or loss of goodwill) resulting from loss of the Data or inability to use the Data irrespective of whether GCRTA had been informed of, knew of, or should have known of the likelihood of such damages, claim, or loss. This limitation applies to all causes of action in the aggregate, including, without limitation, breach of contract, breach of warranty, negligence, strict liability, misrepresentation, and other torts.
- GCRTA shall under no circumstances, be liable for special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages suffered by Your use of the Data; including, but not limited to, loss of profits, anticipated revenue, interest, loss of use, or other such claims arising from any causes whatsoever, whether or not such loss or damage is based on contract, warranty, tort including negligence, indemnity, or otherwise.
- By accessing the Data, You (Licensee) agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless GCRTA for any liability, directly or indirectly, alleged to have been caused by Your use of the Data as well as any third party who accessed the Data through means developed or disseminated by You.
- Waiver, Severability, and Applicable Law
- Failure by GCRTA to insist upon strict performance of any part of these Terms, or delay in, or failure to exercise any rights or remedies to which it is entitled shall not constitute a waiver of such right or remedies, nor shall termination of these Terms by GCRTA operate as a waiver of any of its Terms. Any express waiver of any breach of these Terms by GCRTA does not constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach of these Terms. Waivers shall only be valid if recorded in writing and signed by the waiver.
- If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms had been executed without the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision.
- The provisions of the Disclaimer and Liability sections above and any other paragraphs that are necessary to give effect to those paragraphs shall survive termination of these Terms.
- This Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced under the laws of the State of Ohio, Courts of Cuyahoga County.
- Entire Agreement:
These Terms constitute the entire License Agreement between You (Licensee) and GCRTA and govern Your use of the Data, superseding any prior Agreements between You and GCRTA. GCRTA reserves the right to modify or revoke this Agreement at any time. If modifications are made to this Agreement, GCRTA will notify You on the Developers WebPage.
Updated: December 31, 2016
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority has a wide range of information available for prospective developers, including:
Schedule data in General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) format
GTFS-RT format data available for:
RSS feeds of Service Alerts and News Releases