The mission of the Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is to serve RTA's Board of Trustees, management, staff, users, and the general public in a proactive role as the pulse of the community in the promotion and provision of high-quality transportation programs and services.
Current CAC Members
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Board of Trustees voted unanimously on the appointment of members who will serve on the reinvigorated Community Advisory Committee (CAC).
These individuals were appointed by the GCRTA Board of Trustees through an extensive application and review process.
The CAC consists of the following members:
- Johnny Brewington: Johnny is a retired Fire Chief for the Village of Woodmere.
- Brooklyn Burmeister: Brooklyn is an Architectural Designer for the DLR Group.
- Brian Gibbons: Brian is a member of Clevelanders for Public Transit and Northern Ohioans for Budget Legislation Equality (NOBLE).
- Charles Kennick: Charles is a Neighborhood Development Coordinator for the Old Brooklyn Community Development Corporation.
- Alicia Howerton: Alicia is the Strategic Partnership Manager for the Cleveland Sight Center.
- Nichole Laird, AICP: Nichole is a Senior Planner for the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission.
- Loh: Loh is a member of Northern Ohioans for Budget Legislation Equality (NOBLE), ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County Action Committee, and Clevelanders for Public Transit.
- Paul Meissner: Paul is a Financial Controller for the Realife Real Estate Group/HSK Management.
- Jonathan Sieck: Jonathan serves on the board of directors for Neighborhood Family Practice.
- Dr. Joseph Sopko: Dr. Sopko is a retired physician who worked at St. Vincent Charity Hospital.
- Cole Ware: Cole is a member of the Cleveland Heights Transportation and Environmental Sustainability Committee and Co-Founder of the Coventry Neighborhood Group.
- Steve Albro
- Marie Fratus
- Ron Jackson
- Donna Prease
- Andre White
- Make recommendations to the Board of Trustees on fare changes, Long-Range Plan updates, and major or new projects.
- Provide comments on service changes.
- Review, monitor and recommend service and program improvements or expansion projects to RTA.
- Strengthen relations within the transit communities through the development and implementation of public relations campaigns, programs, and events.