* Unlimited rides until 3 a.m. the next day. (A 4-Day Pass used for the first time on Monday expires at 3 a.m. on Friday.) Cleveland Passes were designed for tourists, but anyone can buy them on-line.
One- and two-trip farecards are available at the above listed prices (2x the above listed prices for a two-trip card) for the following fares: Bus/Rapid, Senior/Disabled, Park-N-Ride (one-trip only), and Paratransit (one-trip only)
A pre-printed 5-trip card is valid until the expiration date on the card, regardless of when the trips are used. A CSK-issued 5-trip card is good for six months from the date of purchase.
Other Important Information
- CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS can be used in ticket vending machines and kiosks at Red Line stations, HealthLine stations and the Customer Service Center at Tower City. On the bus, there are cash purchases only.
- All Senior/Disabled cash fares, farecards and passes require passenger to show valid RTA Senior or Disabled ID (both of which include a photo), or a Medicare card, as well as a driver's license or other official photo ID.
- All-Day Passes are available for purchase on all RTA vehicles at the farebox, ticket vending machines, and at retail agents.
- Child fares apply to children age 6-12, when accompanied by a fare-paying adult. Children under age 6 ride free. In either case, a limit of three children per fare-paying adult applies.
- Effective Aug. 14, 2016, ADA-certified Paratransit passengers must pay senior/disabled fare on fixed-route service.
- Student farecards are for grades K-12.
Transit app allows riders to:
- Purchase fares with EZFare
- Add value to your digital wallet in Transit app by paying cash with VanillaDirect
- Plan a trip
- See when your bus or train will arrive
- Locate where you bus or train are
- Switch between upcoming trips by swiping right and left
- Use Go for walking directions
- Pin frequently traveled bus or train routes
- Receive service alerts
To learn more, visit Transit app's webpage.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, recommendations, inquiries, complaints, or any other feedback. Support hours for email@example.com are Monday - Friday (excluding holidays) from 7:30AM - 4:30PM.
RTA CLE App Users
Passengers can purchase passes/tickets until midnight on July 31 2022, in the RTA CLE App. Beginning August 1, 2022, mobile ticketing purchases must be made using the new Transit with EZFare mobile ticketing service. Visit Transit or www.ezfare.us for more information.
Passengers will have until midnight on December 31, 2022, to use any purchased passes/tickets. RTA CLE App customers will not be reimbursed for unused tickets.
If you are age 65 or older, you can pay a discounted Senior rate to ride RTA buses and trains.
Show a valid photo ID
Anyone can buy a Senior pass or farecard, but in order to use the pass, you must show a valid photo ID.
These forms of ID are accepted for use with a Senior pass or farecard:
- RTA Senior ID card
- State-issued photo ID
- Medicare card with photo ID
To obtain an RTA Senior ID card
- You can use our State issued ID or visit our ADA office at our Main office 1240 W. 6th St. Cleveland, Ohio 44113 to obtain RTA's Senior ID Card.
For more information
- Call 216-621-9500