To provide safe, reliable, clean and courteous public transportation.
We will be...
- The transportation mode of choice for those with transportation options, and the lifeline for those dependent upon our services.
- Recognized as a transportation industry leader and viewed as the most well-run public agency in the United States. RTA will be a top-flight organization with a first-class image.
- An employer of choice in Northeastern Ohio, attracting, developing, motivating and retaining an outstanding and diverse workforce.
- A champion for sustainable transportation, not only in reducing miles driven by private automobiles, but also by reducing waste and emissions and conserving resources. We will achieve the triple bottom line -- people, profit and planet.
We will have...
- A sustainable financial position by securing local, state and federal funding to maintain a realistic operating and capital plan. Expenses will be controlled and a minimum 30-day operating reserve will be maintained.
- An increasing impact as a regional transportation authority by increasing our regional influence, improving efficiency and the coordination of services.
- Upgrade and manage technology and technology systems to best serve our customers, and achieve or exceed the efficiencies these systems were designed to supply.
- Achieve an infrastructure state of good repair, including the systematic replacement of our buses and trains. We will ensure execution of an effective asset management system.
- Fund, plan, coordinate, execute and deliver quality projects on time and on budget.
- Continually improve the quality of our services and enhance the value of RTA to the community.
Safety: The safety of our passengers, our employees and the general public is always our top priority.
Ethics and Integrity: We are dedicated to the highest ethical standards, including uncompromising honesty and integrity in our daily activities.
Service Excellence: We will provide safe, clean, reliable, on-time, courteous service that our customers and the community will view as outstanding.
Fiscal Responsibility: We are committed to manage every taxpayer and customer-generated dollar as if it were coming from our own pocket.
Teamwork: We believe in teamwork and will foster a spirit of cooperative effort within RTA and with our partners.
Responsibility and Accountability: Every individual is accountable. Meeting our individual responsibilities will ensure that collectively, RTA is a high-performing organization. We will meet all regulations and commitments and continually strive to improve.
Respect: We will treat all members of the RTA family, our customers and the general public with dignity and respect.