Dec 14, 2020
CLEVELAND, OH, The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is reporting that 19 employees tested positive for COVID-19 last week.
- From the Hayden District, one operator and one mechanic
- From Paratransit, two schedulers
- From the Main Office Building, two employees
- From Transit Police, two officers
- From the Rail District, one rail maintenance employee, one planner and one booth attendant
- From Central Bus Maintenance, one manager and one mechanic
- From Triskett, three operators From Training, two instructors and one student
Following our standard protocol, work areas, equipment and other areas of potential exposure were cleaned and disinfected. Additionally, other staff members who had been in contact with the employees were immediately notified.
To date, 113 employees have tested positive for COVID-19, and 70 have fully recovered and have returned to work.