The CAC provides GCRTA with feedback on transportation projects and communicates about these projects to the community. CAC members are appointed by the GCRTA Board of Trustees to serve a two-year term.
The CAC includes representatives from various segments of the community, such as public policy organizations, labor, businesses, seniors, people with disabilities, environmentalists, and neighborhoods, and reflects broad transportation interests. The CAC is also intended to reflect the racial and gender diversity of Cuyahoga County residents.
- 18 years old or older
- Resident of Cuyahoga County
- A CAC member must be familiar with public transportation and, preferably, use it occasionally, if not frequently.
- Active interest in public transportation
- CAC members must be able to communicate knowledgeably about the Authority in particular and public transit in general. Members should have the ability to advocate on behalf of public transit and promote service.
- Reflect GCRTA’s customer base and have diverse representation regarding age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, military status, transit dependence, and geography.
- Willingness to make a substantial time commitment—including training, meetings, and independent review of materials.
If you live in Cuyahoga County, are a regular GCRTA rider, feel strongly about transit, are interested in representing other riders, and have a proven track record of community volunteerism, please take a few moments to complete this application.
Please join the CAC and share your voice to support our city’s strong public transit system.
Mail or deliver the application in person at:
RTA Executive Dept.
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113