Major Lindsey & Africa has been exclusively retained by the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority to conduct a search for a General Counsel. This role is an exciting leadership opportunity for a mission-driven individual. The successful candidate will:
- oversee and manage all legal services for the GCRTA,
- report and provide guidance to the CEO of the GCRTA, and
- provide legal advice to the GCRTA’s Board of Trustees.
As a member of the CEO’s executive leadership team, the General Counsel will also have responsibility for the Legal, Risk Management, and Safety departments of GCRTA, currently composed of nearly 40 individuals.
Candidates must have the ability to:
- facilitate and help lead the organization through cultural change, and
- to establish strong working relationships, and
- the experience both as a member of a senior management team and developing team members to achieve optimum efficiency.
Applicants must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience practicing law, including substantial experience supervising attorneys, and a demonstrable progression of increasing responsibility working in either a governmental or corporate law office. Litigation and litigation management experience strongly preferred, as well as experience handling commercial and transactional, employment, safety, FTA (Federal Transit Administration), and real estate matters. Proven skills to quickly evaluate and resolve situations with significant financial implications, improve operating results and financial performance of the business unit, and respond to changing customer and market needs.
Please visit Major Lindsey & Africa's website to apply.