Saturday, February 18, 2023 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
"Mechanics" at RTA do more than just work under the hood!
Join us for this job fair, and learn more about the variety of mechanical positions available, including:
- Equipment Servicer
- Body Mechanic
- Substation Maintainer
- Rail Equipment Body Mechanic
- Rail Equipment Mechanic
- Rail Brake Mechanic
- Rail Machinist
- Automotive Brake Mechanic
- Heating/Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Equipment Body Mechanic
Pre-screening will be conducted, and for those who meet the basic qualifications:
- valid driver's license with no more than 4 points in the past three years; State of Ohio Commercial Driver's License (CDL), with Class “A” or “B" and Passenger and Airbrake endorsements preferred (applicants passing the selection process without a CDL may be offered a position, contingent on obtaining the temporary CDL permit during training)
- high school diploma or GED
- completion of a high school or post-high school Automotive/Diesel Technology or related program, or two (2) years of verifiable experience in an automotive or truck shop maintaining and repairing vehicle systems (e.g., engines, transmissions, brakes, and steering and suspension) or an ASE certification
a written test will be administered. Those who pass the written test will be advanced to the next stage in the process.
Applicants should plan to spend about two hours in total for the pre-screening and written test. Please plan to arrive no later than 2:00pm to ensure sufficient time to complete all items.