CLEVELAND -- The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) has completed construction on a major makeover the Warrensville-Shaker Station, on the Green Line, at 2800 Warrensville Center Road in Shaker Heights.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Nov. 22, 2016. The station remained open during construction.
The station is close to the Shaker Heights Middle School, the Bertram Woods Branch of the Shaker Heights Llibrary and University School.
- Design work: Began in early 2013 and is 100 percent complete
- Construction bid: A $1.8 million contract was awarded Dec. 15, 2015, to Schirmer Construction of North Olmsted. Federal funds will pay for 80 percent of the work.
- Construction: Site work began in March 2016, and was complete by November 2016.
- Selective demolition of the existing station and platform
- Construction of a new station with ADA loading platforms