Dec 1, 2017
CLEVELAND -- Effective Dec. 3, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) customers will enjoy faster speeds along the Red Line, while new buses serve the MetroHealth Line. Some bus routes see improved schedules.
Changes that deserve special mention - all beginning Dec. 3
- All routes in the 51 family will carry the name MetroHealth Line, now that MetroHealth has agreed to purchase naming rights. The newly branded and specially designed buses will roll Sunday.
- Red Line rail service will be restored on the West Side beginning with the start of service Dec. 3. The "slow zones" have been eliminated after a 28-day shutdown that required buses to serve parts of the line. RTA customers will enjoy speedier service now that RTA has put "Rapid" back into the service.
- Riders can pick up new timetables for these routes: Red Line, 8, 14, 15, 26, 53F, 55-55A-55B-55C Cleveland State Line, 76, 246, 251 and 263.
Where to obtain new timetables
- New timetables are posted on the Schedules page of the RTA Web site.
- Copies will be available at RTA’s Main Office, 1240 W. Sixth St., and at the Tower City Customer Service Center.
- Before Dec. 3, data on RTA’s trip planner will be updated.
- To order a timetable by mail, call the RTAnswerline, 216-621-9500.
- Real-time information for the new timetables will be available as soon as it is effective.
- For the most convenient access to RTA tickets and passes, buy your All-Day, 7-Day, Monthly Pass or One-Ride ticket on RTA's mobile ticketing app.