CLEVELAND -- On July 4th only, the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) and Lyft, the fastest growing rideshare company in the U.S., are partnering to help you attend the many Independence Day celebrations in the region.
Enjoy a 10% discount (up to $5 per ride) when you use Lyft to take you to and from any of RTA’s Red Line stations. Rides must be scheduled within a ½ mile of any Red Line Station. Up to two rides per customer.
“Lyft is thrilled to partner with the RTA to provide affordable and reliable rides throughout Greater Cleveland, helping passengers get around on the 4th of July," said Jay Dumaswala, Market Manager of Lyft Cleveland. "This way, they can focus on celebrating with family and friends, and we'll provide a responsible ride home afterwards.”
Joe Calabrese, RTA CEO and General Manager said, “It is private/public partnerships such as these that make both RTA and Lyft even more convenient and affordable to customers in the region. Together, we’re making it easier to give the public a safe ride, while providing significant cost savings to our customers.”
- The Red, Blue and Green Lines will operate a Sunday/Holiday schedule.
- The Waterfront Line offers direct service from Tower City to Flats East Bank, every 30 minutes, and will run until midnight.
- The Downtown Trolleys will operate every 10 minutes, until 11 p.m., serving the Flats East Bank and other Downtown destinations.
- $2.50 Cash
- $5.50 All-Day Pass
Kids – 12 and under
Student 13 -18
- $1.75 Cash
- $4.50 All-Day Pass
Seniors – 65 and older
- $1.25 Cash
- $2.50 All-Day Pass
Use the RTA Cle app to schedule your trip and purchase mobile tickets.
Then use Lyft to schedule your ride to or from the station:
- Open the Lyft app
- Tap on your profile image (upper left corner)
- Tap on ‘promos’
- Enter "LYFTRTA" as the promo code
- To find the closest Red Line station to you, tap ’view coverage area’
- Book your ride to any Red Line location and receive a 10% discounted fare