CLEVELAND -- The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) presents its third annual Search the City Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, June 21.
The Search the City Scavenger Hunt allows for teams of up to six to celebrate Cleveland’s unique culture and diversity through exploring the east, west and everywhere in between. The best part is that all of these places can be accessed via the bus or train. Come out and share the thrill of the hunt, foir the prize money -- or for bragging rights!
How does it work?
- Register yourself and up to 5 friends for a team.
- Each participant will receive a starter kit including a map of Cleveland, trip plans, timetables and an RTA All- Day pass.
- Participants will meet at 10 a.m. at one of the 8-10 challenge locations and proceed one station at a time, following the same path, but with different starting points.
- Each team will face “challenges.” The key to the hunt is CREATIVELY showing off areas/locations of Cleveland that are spectacular and off-the-beaten-path, even for perhaps the native Clevelander.
- The challenge is to be completed no later than 2 p.m.
Prizes - Judged on Creativity
- First-place team: $250, and Tribe game tickets upgraded to Social Media Suite.
- Second-place team: $125
- Third-place team: $75.
- Other prizes will be awarded for best costumes and other categories.
Registration is Closed - Cheer on your friends!
Register on-line at www.RTASearchtheCity.com, for $70 per team (up to 6 people). Tickets sales end June 16. Each participant will also get a t-shirt, drawstring bookbag, and 2 tickets to an Indians game in July.
- Tweet your pictures and Cleveland finds @GCRTA
- Share on Facebook /rideRTA
RTA provides quality, economic and safe public transportation via rail, bus and Paratransit throughout Cuyahoga County. Real-time information is available for all buses and trains. Check www.riderta.com or call the RTAnswerline at 216-621-9500.
Media Contact: Mary Shaffer, Public Relations: 216-566-5211