CLEVELAND, OH -- A broad and diverse national coalition of the country’s leading public transportation agencies will hold a virtual rally to call for significant and immediate emergency federal relief and detail the dire consequences -- drastic service cuts, fare increases, layoffs of hundreds of thousands of workers across the country, and capital disinvestment -- if Congress fails to pass a coronavirus relief package.
WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2020 – 11:00 a.m. (ET) / 10:00a.m. (CT) / 9:00 a.m. (MT) / 8 a.m. (PT)
WHERE: Zoom Conference. Link available via RSVP. Livestream at https://youtu.be/CJihX_aMjHs
- Patrick J. Foye, Chairman and CEO, New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)
- Alex Wiggins, CEO, New Orleans Regional Transit Authority
- Debra Johnson, CEO and General Manager, Denver Regional Transportation District
- Inez P. Evans, President/CEO, Indianapolis Public Transportation Corporation (IndyGo)
- Leslie S. Richards, General Manager, Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- Steve Bitto, Director of Marketing and Communications, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Robert M. Powers, General Manager, San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
RSVP: To participate in the press conference and be able to ask questions, please email Aaron Donovan at email@example.com to receive Zoom link and password. Please use your real name as your Zoom screen name. Unidentified individuals will not be called upon for questions.
PLEASE NOTE: This information is being provided to the media for planning purposes only. It is not for publication, broadcast or social media.