Jul 13, 2020
National Coalition of Public Transportation Agencies to Host Virtual Rally Demanding Up to $36 Billion in Emergency Federal Funding
** For Planning Purposes Only; Not for Publication, Broadcast or Social Media **
New York, NY. -- A broad and diverse national coalition of the country’s leading public transportation agencies will join together Tuesday as the U.S. Senate returns to Washington to debate the next coronavirus relief package. The agencies’ leaders will discuss how financial pressures from the COVID-19 crisis are threatening the nation’s transit agencies’ future and the national economy.
WHEN: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 – 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time (ET)
WHERE: Zoom Conference. Link available via RSVP.
Livestream at: https://youtu.be/NGXIXptWiGg
- Patrick J. Foye, Chairman and CEO, New York Metropolitan TransportationAuthority (MTA)
- Alice N. Bravo, Director, Miami-Dade County Department of Transportation and Public Works
- Phillip A. Washington, CEO, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Floun’say Caver, Ph.D., Acting General Manager and CEO, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Leslie S. Richards, General Manager, Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- Peter Rogoff, CEO, Sound Transit
- Alex Wiggins, CEO, New Orleans Regional Transit Authority
- Kevin Corbett, Executive Director, NJ TRANSIT
- Nathaniel Ford, CEO of the Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- Paul J. Ballard, CEO and General Manager, Denver Regional Transportation District
- Robert M. Powers, General Manager, San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
- Randy Clarke, President & CEO, CapitalMetro of Austin, Tex.
RSVP: To participate in the press conference and be able to ask questions, please email Aaron Donovan at email@example.com to receive Zoom link and password. Please use your real name as your Zoom screen name. Unidentified individuals will not be called upon for questions.
Deputy Communications Director
Metropolitan Transportation Authority
2 Broadway, B20.112, New York, NY 10004
(212) 878-7440 – press office
(212) 878-4728 – direct dial
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
(216) 390-9605 (cell)