RTA is always a winner when it comes to serving Cleveland sports fans. The information on this page is generic, and service can change at the last minute for a variety of reasons.
Any time you travel Downtown, please check the home page for updates, or call the RTA Answerline at 216-621-9500. Here are links you need to know.
This page was last updated on Jan. 3, 2018.
If you want to hit a home run with your wallet this summer, let RTA's Rapid Transit service speed you on your way to Progressive Field without a hassle. You won't miss a moment of Guardians action stuck in traffic.
RTA's 1,050-foot Walkway protects fans from traffic and the weather. The Walkway begins at the Tower City food court and ends in the lobby at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse – just across the street from Progressive Field. The Walkway opens at least 4 hours before each Cavs game, and 3 hours before every other event. It remains open for 90 minutes after the game or event ends.
Rapid service home is guaranteed for 60 minutes after the game – even if goes into extra innings in the midst of a pennant race. Purchase tickets for any Guardians game.
Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
Whether it is a regular-season game, or the post-season playoffs, Cleveland Cavaliers basketball fans and Monsters hockey fans can rely on RTA to provide easy, affordable and convenient service to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
And each summer, when Guardians baseball dominates the city, fans can take advantage of RTA's Downtown service to speed them on their way to Progressive Field, so they won't miss a moment of the action.
For all Downtown sporting and recreation needs, RTA’s Rapid Transit system offers the best seats to fans who want to attend a game without a hassle. Construction Downtown can affect many fans driving to the to the game. Always allow extra travel time and plan to arrive early.
RTA's 1,050-foot Walkway protects fans from traffic and the weather. The Walkway begins at the Tower City food court and ends in the lobby of Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. The Walkway opens at least 4 hours before each Cavs game, and 3 hours before every other event.
Many bus routes also serve Public Square and arena/ballpark area.
RTA offers the most convenient way to reach FirstEnergy Stadium. Ride any rail line into Tower City, and transfer to the Waterfront Line. Exit at the West Third Street Station, and walk across the street. Extra rail service begins about two hours before each game, and continues after the game as long as needed.
Pay the fare
- ADULTS: Why not buy an All-Day Pass, which provides unlimited rides until 3 a.m.? All-Day Passes are available where you pay your fare, or on-line. Please have exact change.
- AGE 6-12: Buy an All-Day Child’s Pass. Up to three children, age 6-12, can get unlimited travel with this pass, when accompanied by an adult paying regular fare.
- UP TO AGE 5: Up to three children, age five and younger, ride free, when accompanied by an adult paying regular fare.
- Senior citizens, disabled persons, and Medicare cardholders can apply for an RTA ID card. A Senior/Disabled All-Day Pass allows for unlimited rides until 3 a.m.
- ANYONE: Use your Monthly Pass or 7-Day Flex Pass.