The ADA Office will be returning to normal business hours on Monday, April 5th.
The office has been closed to the public since November 25th due to state and local health advisories relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With the reopening, there will be health protocols in place to ensure the safety of the public and staff.
Here’s what you can expect:
• Limited seating area to four (4) customers at a time, with proper social distancing. There will be a separate overflow room for additional customers if the need arises.
• Pull-A-Number will be used.
• Sanitizer stations will be located in the office for customers.
• Plexi-glass partitions will be in place.
• To limit foot traffic, ADA applications will still be accepted via fax, email, and Tower City Customer Service Center.
• Masks will be required for all customers and staff.
• BRING A VALID, NON-EXPIRED PHOTO ID
When the ADA Office closed back in November, Greater Cleveland RTA announced expired Paratransit and Discount Fare IDs would still be accepted. With the office reopening, expired IDs will no longer be accepted starting on May 1st, 2021.
The ADA Office is located inside the Greater Cleveland RTA Main Office at 1240 W. 6th St., Cleveland, Ohio 44113. Starting Monday, April 5th it will be open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For questions, please call the ADA Office at 216-566-5124.
Photos: Enchanced Safety Measures