Feb 2, 2024
Ohio Loves Transit Week
Ohio Loves Transit Week is an annual celebration led by the Ohio Public Transit Association (OPTA). Transit agencies around the State of Ohio celebrate the impact of public transit on the daily lives of the riders they serve. It is important to highlight how public transportation is an essential service that impacts economic development, job opportunities, and provides sustainability for a higher quality of life. This year, the celebration will take place from February 11 through February 17, 2024.
Ohio Loves Transit Photo Contest
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA) is conducting a social media photo contest during Ohio Loves Transit Week. GCRTA is inviting enthusiasts of public transit in the Greater Cleveland area to take photos and show the value of its buses and trains. The Ohio Loves Transit Photo Contest welcomes Clevelanders to illustrate their diverse transit experiences, journeys, and narratives through the lens of a camera.
To be eligible for the GCRTA Ohio Loves Transit photo contest, share up to five photos on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtags #OLT and #GCRTA. If you forget to tag your photo it will not be entered in the contest. The photos must be submitted between Sunday, February 11 through Monday, February 19, 2024. Five photo finalists will be chosen to be judged by GCRTA Facebook followers. One finalist will be declared the winner of the contest. The winner will be featured on GCRTA's Facebook and Instagram pages. Their photo may be used in marketing efforts by GCRTA, and the winner will receive a GCRTA prize pack.
Contest Rules and Process
PHOTO CONTEST RULES:
- You must have a public Instagram and/or Facebook account.
- There is an entry limit of five photos from each person.
- Photos that you submit must be your own work and you must own the rights to distribute the image.
- You must have the consent of those whose faces are visible in the image.
- By entering the contest, you authorize GCRTA to use that image in offline and online marketing materials in perpetuity without any fee or other form of compensation. Photos will be credited whenever possible.
- You will retain ownership and all other rights to your image.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless GCRTA from any issues, losses, or actions emanating from or in relation to this photo contest. This would include any losses or issues related to third-party claims of copyright infringement or violations of personal privacy.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to the terms of these rules.
- GCRTA is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete entries, or technical errors.
PHOTO CONTEST PROCESS:
- Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit. The judges are a panel of GCRTA staff members familiar with photography and responsible for selecting images for various printed and online marketing materials.
- The judges will select up to five finalists, who will be posted for voting on GCRTA’s Facebook page. Voting will take place between February 21 through February 29. The winner will be announced on Friday, March 1.
- GCRTA retains sole discretion over the selection of, and decision not to select, any particular entry as the winner.
- GCRTA retains the sole discretion to cancel the contest if an insufficient number of entries are received.
- GCRTA employees are not eligible to participate.