WHAT: The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is making it easier to get you to the ballgame. The RTA CLE app for mobile ticketing lets fans skip the lines and pay their fare from their phones.
WHEN: RTA staff is available to demonstrate the use of the mobile ticketing app – or download the app to see how easy it is to purchase your fare.
WHY: “With sold-out crowds attending the Cavs home opener and the World Series home games and watch parties, we encourage fans to use this convenient technology to help them board their bus or train as quickly as possible,” said RTA CEO and General Manager Joe Calabrese.
• The RTA CLE app is free to download from the IPhone App Store and Android Google Play.
• The new RTA CLE app allows riders to easily plan and pay for their trip on their phone.
• Transit riders can even use the app’s interactive map screen to coordinate their RTA ride ahead of time.
HOW: Once the ticket is loaded onto the phone, customers need only to show the mobile pass when exiting the train at Tower City or boarding a bus.
“RTA is selling a cash round-trip ticket at the busiest rail stations. But customers can also enjoy the convenience of paying for their fare ahead of time,” Calabrese said.
HOW MUCH: The mobile ticketing app allows you to purchase a $5.50 All-Day Pass, the 7-Day Pass or a Monthly Pass.
Additional details are here.
Need help planning your trip to the game?
• Use RTA's on-line trip planner, or
• Review the rail timetables, or
• Call the RTAnswerline, 216-621-9500.
For media inquiries only:
Linda Scardilli Krecic