CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Indians open the season with 13 home games in April, starting with the home opener on April 4. The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is ready to take you there.
On April 4, the festivities begin at 1 p.m. and first pitch is at 3:05 p.m. The Tribe will face the Minnesota Twins. Rally Alley, RTA’s pre-game festival will start around 1 p.m.
Free parking is available at RTA Rapid Stations. Use your All-Day Pass ($5 Adults, $2.50 seniors & kids 6-12 years old, kids under six free) to ride the Red, Blue or Green Line train into Tower City, take the Walkway from the Tower City food court to Quicken Loans Arena – just across the street from Progressive Field. The Walkway opens 2 hours before game time and is open 90 minutes after the game. RTA train service continues 90 minutes after the game ends, or until the end of service (just after midnight).
Many buses provide service to Public Square or other locations nearby. Check out www.riderta.com to plan your trip.
Times to keep in mind
- 1 p.m.: Progressive Field gates open & RTA Walkway from Tower City opens. Walkway closes 90 minutes after the game ends.
- 1-3 p.m.: RTA’s Rally Alley celebration.
- 3:05 p.m.: First pitch.
- To enjoy RTA’s Rally Alley celebration, you must have a game ticket.
- Free parking at RTA Rapid Stations may fill up quickly during special events. Arrive early to beat the crowds.
Follow the Tribe this month at home
- vs. Minnesota Twins April 4, 5, 6
- vs. San Diego Padres April 7, 8, 9
- vs. Toronto Blue Jays April 18, 19, 20
- vs. Kansas City Royals April 21, 22, 23, 24
Details on the Indian's season.
RTA provides quality, economic and safe public transportation via rail, bus and Paratransit throughout Cuyahoga County. Real-time information is available for all buses and trains. Check www.riderta.com or call the RTAnswerline at 216-621-9500.
Media Contact: Mary Shaffer, Public Relations, 216-566-5211