Sep 18, 2018
Increased Downtown traffic Thursday evening makes RTA a popular option
CLEVELAND, OH -- The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is operating extra rail service Thursday night for fans headed Downtown to watch the Browns play the Jets or the Indians play the White Sox.
With expected traffic delays and limited parking, RTA's rail service is an unbeatable option.
Riders should note the following tips to make access to the venues more convenient:
- Parking is free at RTA rail stations.
- Take any rapid to Tower City and transfer to the Waterfront Line to reach First Energy Stadium.
- RTA will extend the Waterfront Line until midnight for the Browns game.
- The RTA Walkway opens three hours prior to the baseball game for easy access to the ballpark from Tower City.
- Rail service runs until at least midnight or for an hour after the games end.
- Use the RTA mobile ticketing app to purchase your $5.50 All-Day pass on your mobile device in advance. Or purchase a $5 cash, round-trip ticket at select Red Line, Tower City or Waterfront Line stations.
- Plan your trip or visit www.riderta.com for complete schedules and route information.
Media Inquiries Only:
Linda Scardilli Krecic