Mar 23, 2023
The Cleveland Guardians Home Opener is set for Friday, April 7, 2023, against the Seattle Mariners, and The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA) offers the most affordable, accessible, and direct transportation to this special game that begins the Guardians 2023 home season.
With GCRTA you’ll bat a thousand, by avoiding downtown traffic, construction zones, and expensive parking fees.
Some tips to make your day a Grand Slam:
• Use GCRTA's parking locater and park for free at a Rapid Station.
• Have $5 cash ready to buy your Home Opener All-Day Pass, good for your trip to the game and ride home. Tickets are available at the Brookpark, Puritas, Triskett, West 117th St. and Tower City Stations.
• Don't have cash? No problem. You can still purchase a one-way fare ($2.50) or an All-Day pass ($5.00) at a Ticket Vending Machine or on the GCRTA EZfare mobile ticketing app.
• Ride the Rapid to the Tower City Station and take the Walkway to Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. From there, it’s a short walk outside to Progressive Field. The Walkway will open 3 hours prior to the home opener game.
• Trains will leave frequently throughout the day. Check rideRTA.com and Transit App for scheduled departure and arrival times.
• You can also ride the HealthLine down Euclid Avenue to Public Square. Then make your way to the Walkway or Progressive Field from there.
• Plan ahead & leave early. Large crowds are expected so give yourself plenty of time to arrive safely.
Because of Opening Day festivities, fans are asked to be in their seats at Progressive Field an hour before the game begins. The home opener starts at 4:10 p.m.
Follow GCRTA on Twitter and Facebook using #CLEGuardians