Effective: Nov 5, 2017 to Dec 2, 2017
Red Line rail service between West 117 and Tower City will be replaced with 66R buses for four weeks from Sunday, November 5 through Saturday, December 2, 2017 due to extensive track work in this area.
A total track replacement and reconstruction will take place in the area between West 25 and the end of the S Curve (West 98). When work is completed, multiple slow zones in this area will be eliminated, allowing trains to travel at their normal speeds.
During this time, 66R buses will follow a more stream-lined route and will NOT stop at West 65 and West 25 stations. Riders that need to travel to/from these stations should use the #22 Lorain bus.
66R buses will not serve these two stations in order to provide a faster route for most riders.
Additional trips are being added to #22 Lorain during peak travel periods during this time. Pick up a new #22 timetable for details.
Bus stop details:
- The 66R stop at West Blvd. will be moved OUTSIDE of the bus loop. Riders will catch the 66R on Detroit at the orange 66R bus stop sign.
- An additional 66R stop will be added to West 25-Detroit to accommodate transfers in the Ohio City area.
- Downtown, riders will board 66R buses behind Tower City on West Prospect-West 3rd.
66R Replacement bus details:
- During rush hour, there will be one bus every four minutes.
- Mid-day, there will be two buses per train, every 15 minutes.
- Evenings and weekends, there will be one bus per train, every 15 minutes.
Regular Red Line service will run between the Airport and W 117, and between Tower City and Windermere. Pick up a new Red Line timetable for details.
Keep in mind, 66R buses are always fare-free in order to expedite boarding/alighting.
RTA apologizes for the inconvenience as this necessary track work is completed.