Mar 20, 2019
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians start their 2019 season against the Chicago White Sox on Monday, April 1, and the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) offers the most convenient, comfortable and direct transportation to this special day – and every day of the season.
With RTA you’ll stay ahead in the count, and avoid rush-hour congestion, construction zones, and $30 + parking fees.
Some tips to make your day a Grand Slam:
- Use RTA's parking locater and park for free at a Rapid Station. (Be sure to park legally so that you're not ticketed and towed.)
- Buy a $5.50 All-Day Pass for maximum convenience and value. Use the RTA CLE mobile ticketing app to purchase your ticket on your mobile device.
- Or $5 cash will buy you a round-trip ticket, good for your trip to the game and the ride home after a Tribe victory. Special round-trip tickets are available at the Brookpark, Puritas, Triskett, and West 117th Street stations, as well as the Tower City Station on the Blue/Green Line platform.
- Ride the Rapid to the Tower City Station, and stroll down the 1,000 foot Walkway to Quicken Loans Arena. From there, it is a short walk outside to Progressive Field. The Walkway opens 2 hours prior to each game.
- You can also ride the HealthLine down Euclid Avenue to Public Square. If you work Downtown, hop on a free trolley to reach Tower City, then make your way to the Walkway or ballpark from there.
- Red Line, Green Line and Blue Line rail service runs until about midnight. (For late night games that go into extra innings, rail service operates for 60 minutes after the game ends.)
The home opener begins at 4:10 p.m. Because of Opening Day festivities, fans are asked to be in their seats at Progressive Field an hour before the game begins.
Linda Scardilli Krecic